Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor Review
With its 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor, Breville has come up with another chartbuster. Users love this mid-range model for many reasons. Here are a few.
Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite Specs
- Dimensions: 17 (L) x 11 (W) x 20 (H) inches
- Weight: 19 lbs
- 2 Speeds
- Type: Centrifugal
- Motor: Powerful 1000-watt motor (1 1/3 HP output)
- Large chute and container
- Dishwasher safe
Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite Features
Wide Mouthed Chute
Those who don’t like or are just too busy to spend half to one hour preparing their veggies and fruits for juicing will love the 3-inch wide feeder chute of Breville 800JEXL. Whole and half pieces of fruit can be handled easily by this juicer, thereby requiring very little prepping work and speeding up the whole process of juicing in general.
While the second speed is rarely used commonly, the two speeds provided by this juicer is a bonus for users who love to juice harder vegetables and fruits. The slow speed is 6500 rpm which offers users a lot of juice from softer foods. The higher speed is 13000 rpm which can produce juice from harder foods like carrots, apples and beets. It has been observed that Breville 800JEXL produces a lot of juice very quickly. Thus it is one of the speediest juicers when all the features are combined from prep time and juicing to clean up and reassembling it.
Pulp Container and Juice Jug
The container of Breville 800JEXL is very large i.e. 3.2 quarts and the juice jug is 1.1 quart (1 liter) which makes it easy for users to extract juice continuously without having to stop to empty the container. The juice jug also has a foam protector which prevents foam going into the juice.
Die-cast Metal Construction and Stainless Steel Parts
Being made up of die-cast material Breville 800JEXL has become one of the most well-built and most durable juicers on the market. In addition, it is also one of the most attractive juicers available. Its design is sleek and stylish and users will feel proud to have it in their kitchen along with other stainless steel appliances. Users can also feel its quality because it is quite large, solid and hefty. Plus, rather than plastic parts, it is equipped with stainless steel parts. The stainless steel cutting disc is reinforced with titanium because of which it guarantees 30% more juice as well as 40% more vitamins and minerals.
The blades of Breville 800JEXL make this mid-range juicer extremely worth it. The blade stays sharper for longer, offers very effective cutting and extracts more juice than standard blades.
Ease in Cleaning
Breville 800JEXL has only 4 parts that should be rinsed. Some of them can be even washed in a dishwasher and so, cleaning is super easy and quick. Some users share a useful tip to line the pulp container with a plastic bag which keeps it clean preventing the pulp getting trapped in corners. This also offers a more snug fit in locked in position preventing the juice from seeping out.
Ease in Disassembling and Assembling
Breville 800JEXL is also super easy in disassembling and assembling it back. Users have experienced that they can disassemble the parts, wash them and assemble them again to store the machine in less than 5 minutes.
Breville 800JEXL comes with a one-year warranty.
Breville 800JEXL comes along with a juice container, a pulp container, froth separator and a cleaning brush.
Breville 800JEXL comes with an innovative safety locking mechanism which prevents the unit from running when users overload it with too much produce. This also saves the motor from overworking.
- Breville 800JEXL produces plenty of juice in a short time.
- Its powerful 1000-watt motor and titanium-reinforced cutting blades allows it to handle almost any produce a user throws at it.
- Extra wide chute of Breville 800JEXL allows users to feed whole carrots, apples, tomatoes, peeled oranges etc saving the valuable preparation time.
- The warranty of Breville 800JEXL is very limited i.e. just 1 year whereas most other brands come with a 15-year or even lifetime warranty.
- It doesn’t work very well with leafy greens like kale, wheatgrass or parsley which a masticating juicer can handle well. But this problem can be overcome by wrapping up the leafy veggies together to form a hard chunk of them.
- Some users experience that chunks of produce and sometimes even the juice is splattered out due to high speed and the position of the chute right above the motor.
- Due to its high speed, it cannot extract much juice from the pulp like other juicers. This may not be a problem, if users use the juicer not very frequently. But if they use it quite often, it may be costly (because of wasted produce).
- The high speed of the juicer also makes the juice oxidized because of which foam is created. If users drink the juice immediately after they make it, they may not notice the difference. But if they store it, it won’t remain fresh as long as the juice formed by masticating and triturating juicers.
- It produces a quite loud noise compared to some other juicers. But some users find the noise level tolerable.
Long Story Short - Breville 800JEXL is an all-around great juicer for those who need a quick and reliable way to make juice. It’s also easy enough for a beginner who wants to begin with a more advanced machine that will extract higher quality juice than a low-end model. Also since it produces juice equivalent to more expensive juicers and goes fine with everyday use (and even a little abuse), it’s not only the best model for intermediate users, but also for those needing to upgrade from their masticating juicer to a centrifugal juicer that can work with softer foods with pretty less prep time.
For more reviews and recommendations, check Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor Amazon link (link opens in the new window).