Cherries Health Benefits
Cherries are very tasty and refreshing fruits. They can be eaten alone or in combination with other fruits in salads, but personally, I eat them alone.
Cherries are very tasty and refreshing fruits. They can be eaten alone or in combination with other fruits in salads, but personally, I eat them alone. Cherry fruit nutrition facts, per 100g of fruits:
|Calories:||4 kcal||52 kcal||3 kcal||-|
So, 100g of cherries has around 60 kcal. Since they are so tasty, one can eat them a lot - be careful about this if you have problems with weight. On the other hand, if you are on a strict diet for a long period and you need something to cheat with, cheat with cherries - damage will be minimal in terms of eaten calories, but you will really benefit from many nutrients found in cherries.
Health Benefits of Cherries
Some of the cherries health benefits include:
- cherries are rich in vitamins C, beta carotene (vitamin A) and other vitamins and minerals
- cherries have good amounts of fibers that promote digestive system health
- they are packed with many antioxidants - they help in the reduction of heart disease and cancer
- cherries have slight diuretic properties and can help in releasing excess fluids and toxins
- cherries help in brain health and in the prevention of memory loss, Alzheimer and similar diseases.
- cherries contain anthocyanins - they reduce inflammation and symptoms of arthritis and help in aching joints
- eating cherries reduces the risk of diabetes
Fresh cherries should be on the menu of every person wanting to become and stay fit. Eating a kilo or two of cherries per day can cause some weight problems for endomorphs due to carb content, but some smaller portion (150-250g) per day should be included in every menu when possible. If your goal is, for example, 100g of carbs per day, spare some 25-30g for fruits like cherries, berries, pomegranates etc and you will feel and be much better in the long run ...
Cherries can be consumed fresh (recommended), but also canned, dried or part of various recipes like cherry pies, or other desserts, main dishes, side dishes, salads etc ...