Best Nutri Ninja vs. Nutribullet Blenders 2018 - Reviews and Recommendations
With people being more and more aware of the bad effects of junk food and importance of nutritious foods, everyone wants to stay away from fast foods that are proven to be unhealthy and go close to healthy foods. However, ironically today’s fast life hardly allows them to do so. In such a condition, juicers and blenders are real lifesavers. They are low-maintenance and give users healthy juices, smoothies and soups within a few seconds, without or with least preparations.
So, users get healthy foods in a short time to suit their fast lifestyle. Plus, they allow users to carry the juicer cups anywhere and thus users can have the healthy drinks even on the go; there is no need to take the time separately to consume the drinks. Naturally these appliances are getting increasingly popular.
Among an ocean of juicer and blender brands, two brands have been perhaps the most popular and have withstood users’ scrupulousness over time. These are the Ninja and the NutriBullet. While each of them has the capability to be extremely useful to anyone, it will be insightful to compare one of them with the other, as it will make clear what each of them has on offer and users can choose among them according to their particular needs.
Ninja is a sub-brand of SharkNinja LLC, makers of food processors, blenders and coffeemakers, whereas NutriBullet is focused on compact blenders. The latter started with Magic Bullet blenders and later added the NutriBullet range.
|1000 to 1500 Watts and up to 2.0 HP||600 to 1700 Watts and up to 2.2 HP|
|Max RPM up to 24,000 for Ninja Mega BL771||Max RPM 30,000 for NutriBullet RX|
|Capacity of blender pitcher max 72 ounces||Capacity of blender pitcher max 45 ounces|
|Multiple cups with capacity of 16, 24, 32 & 64 ounces||Multiple cups with capacity of 18, 24 & 32 ounces|
|BPA free and dishwasher-safe||BPA free and dishwasher-safe|
|No heating functionality||With heating functionality|
|Touch buttons: 3 speeds and pulse||Simple one-touch buttons|
|Issues with crushing big ice cubes||Issues with crushing big ice cubes|
|Comes with a recipe book||Comes with a recipe book|
|Made in USA||Made in China|
Nutri Ninja Vs. NutriBullet – Comparison between Range of Blenders
Regarding the range of blenders available, Nutri Ninja is on top. While NutriBullet has three models available viz. the original NutriBullet 600, its Pro Version – NutriBullet Pro 900 and NutriBullet RX 1700, Nutri Ninja has two product lines:
1. Pro Line: Nutri Ninja BL450, BL 451, BL 455 and BL 456. These are quite similar to each other with only differences between accessories such as cups and recipe book
2. Nutria Ninja Auto-iQ: Nutri Ninja BL480, BL 481 and BL 482. These 3 models are the same blenders with BL 480 as the base model and BL 481 with a 32 oz jar and BL 482 with an extra recipe book.
However, NutriBullet models are more varied in terms of different motors, features and blending capacity than Nutri Ninja.
Nutri Ninja Vs. NutriBullet – Comparison between Costs
Regarding costs, both the brands tend to be between the lower end and mid-price point of the market.
Therefore they both are more affordable to a larger population. Price-wise they are pretty the same and so, their features should be considered to determine which of them scores over the other.
Feature Comparison between Nutri Ninja and NutriBullet Blenders
The following table lists few important features of few very popular blenders on the market:
|Features||Nutri Ninja Pro||Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ BL 482||NutriBullet 900 Pro|
|Motor||900 W (1.21 HP)||1000 W (1.34 HP)||900 W (1.21 HP)|
|Speeds||1 + Manual Pulse||2 + Manual Pulse||1 + Manual Pulse|
|Blend Capacity||24 oz||32 oz||32 oz|
|Capability||Puree, Grind, Blend, Chop||Puree, Grind, Blend, Chop||Puree, Grind, Blend, Chop|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
|Amazon Link||Nutri Ninja Pro||Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ Blender (BL482)||NutriBullet 900 Pro|
Note: Amazon affiliate links open in the new windows, feel free to check the latest prices.
Comparison between Blades
While both the blender companies have almost the same motor power, it’s worth considering the difference between their blade designs that will affect how fine they work.
A similar 4 blade design is used by both the companies. Some people complain that the NutriBullet rubber gasket comes out; however, it should be understood that it’s in fact meant for easy cleaning. Actually users can pull the rubber gasket after every 2-3 uses and rinse it quickly to keep off any old food. Now NutriBullet has come up with a sealed gasket blade.
On the other hand, Nutri Ninja bullet blenders feature a concealed gasket having a deep groove. This doesn’t come out; however, some users complain that the deep groove collects food and as it can’t be taken out, users have to clean the lid immediately after every use.
Another difference is that Nutri Ninja features reverse threads as against NutriBullet which means the inner side of Nutri Ninja cup is threaded whereas the threads are on the outer side of the cup of NutriBullet. If users choose to drink from the cup, they might not like to have the grooved threads of Nutri Ninja on the inner side of the cup.
Comparison between Accessories
The following table compares accessories that come with some of the most popular blenders.
Note: NutriBullet Pro 900 comes with 3 accessory packages: 9-piece, 13-piece and 15-piece.
|NutriBullet 9 Piece||NutriBullet 15 Piece||Nutri Ninja Pro||Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ BL 482|
|- 900-watt high-torque Power Base
- 32oz Colossal Cup
- 24oz Tall Cup
- Extractor blade
- Regular lip ring
- Handled lip ring
- User manual and recipe book
- Flip top to-go lid
- Pocket Nutritionist
|- 900-watt High-torque Power Base
- 32-oz Colossal Cup
- 2 x 24oz Tall Cups
- 18oz Jar
- 2 x extractor blades
- Regular lip ring
- Handled lip ring
- User manual and cookbook
- Flip-top To-Go lid
- 2 x Resealable lids
- Pocket Nutritionist
- Recipe book
|- 900-watt motor base
- 24oz jar
- 18oz jar
- Ninja Pro Extractor Blades
- 2 Sip and Seal Lids
- 30 Recipe and Wellness Guide
- Instruction Book
|- 1000-watt motor base
- 24oz jar
- 18oz jar
- 3 Sip and Seal Lids
- Pro Extractor Blade
- Rachel Beller’s Book Eat to Lose, Eat to Win
- Rachel Beller 3-Day Jump-start Plan
- Inspiration Guide
NutriBullet 600 Review
- Despite having a good strength of motor, less noise than other models
- A bit cheaper than the other two models – NutriBullet Pro 900 and NutriBullet RX
- Only NutriBullet model having a separate milling blade to grind dry ingredients like oats, spices and nuts
- The 600-watt motor is less powerful than the other models and could have an effect on the consistency of the smoothie depending on the produce used (struggle with things like blackberry seeds)
- Only 1 extractor blade
- Maximum capacity 24oz jar
This is an entry level model in the NutriBullet line. In general, it’s a good model and is a good upgrade from the popular Magic Bullet line. Its milling blade is excellent and does the job of making smoothie nicely.
For more reviews and recommendations, check NutriBullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender/Mixer System Amazon link (link opens in the new window).
NutriBullet Pro 900 Review
- Nice motor
- NutriBullet Pro 900 has 32 ounce capacity which is worth considering because it can hold more raw ingredients to be blended in a smoothie.
- New PRO extractor blade that integrates the milling blade and extractor blade into one blade
- This blender comes with several jars and the included recipe book is very nice and easy to use.
- RPM is more with this blender i.e. 25,000 compared to Ninja BL 450 which has 21,000 RPM.
- It comes with 3 accessory packages: 9-piece, 13-piece (a couple of additional accessories) and 15-piece (1 more extractor blade and 2 more lids/cups for a bit higher price)
- The detachable washer is disliked by some people because it can trap food below it if the blender is not cleaned after every use, while some people don’t have any problem with the washer.
In general, NutriBullet Pro is a nice blender and goes on for years without any trouble. It also has a great set of accessories and an easy recipe book.
For more reviews and recommendations, check NutriBullet Pro 900 Amazon link (link opens in the new window).
NutriBullet RX Review
- Very powerful 1700 watt motor that can very quickly convert pretty any raw produce into purified form
- Power competes almost with the more expensive blender brand Vitamix S30
- Built-in heater to create soups
- Pre-programmed blend cycle
- Some users don’t like the pre-programmed feature as they prefer having control over how long they want to blend and don’t like to be hands-free
- Some users feel that power is much more than needed for personal size drinks
- Some complain that the blade gasket is chewed up by the blade, while some others complain that it’s not deigned well for the strong motor
- Higher price
After all, the NutriBullet RX model had been designed to remain hands-free, with high speed and single use, with a unique built-in heater. Some users might like the convenience of making soups, but heating function is questionable. The idea of heating up ingredients in a plastic container also doesn’t appeal many users. Overall, there are mixed reviews for this model.
For more reviews and recommendations, check Magic Bullet NutriBullet Rx Blender Amazon link (link opens in the new window).
Nutri Ninja Pro BL456 Review
- Nice motor
- Some people like Nutri Ninja blade design than NutriBullet’s blades. However, actual tests with the blades regarding their blending results show that both are quite equal.
- Smaller jar (24 oz)
- Users have to hold the cup down on this blender all the time while blending, against the NutriBullet in which users just have to lock it down and it continues blending
- Recipe book is small
- A bit less motor speed than NutriBullet but that matches the smaller 24oz capacity versus the 32oz capacity of NutriBullet
All in all, Nutri Ninja is a nice compact blender. It’s the most basic version in their Auto IQ models.
For more reviews and recommendations, check Amazon link (link opens in the new window).
Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ BL482 Review
- 18oz, 24oz and 32oz cups included
- Cups can be locked while blending, so, users don’t have to hold the cup
- Most distinguishing feature is the pre-programmed settings which is not with the original Nutri Nijna line and NutriBullet
- 3 button functions: Blend, Ultra Blend and Pulse. Blend and Ultra Blend are for smoothies, whereas Pulse is more for chopping and not purifying.
Blend: For blending fresh leafy greens, fruits and yogurt
Ultra Blend: For ice, frozen fruits, harder vegetables like carrots and kale, and nuts and seeds
Pulse: For more control over blending and when users don’t want to purify the ingredients like chopping nuts and salsa
- Some users have found the blades breaking but this issue is not very common
- Motor has slightly increased wattage i.e. 1000 watt but the RPM is still 21,000 so the increase in wattage is not noticeable as against the Nutri Ninja BL450 or NutriBullet 900 having 900 watt motors.
All in all, BL482 is a great blender with high consumer reviews. It has some nice features added which the original BL450 was not having. This is a solid blender with around the same price as of NutriBullet 900.
For more reviews and recommendations, check Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ Blender (BL482) Amazon link (link opens in the new window).
Long Story Short: Honestly speaking, users will find both the Nutri Ninja and NutriBullet quite at the same level of usefulness for making smoothies, since the blending capability of both of them is pretty the same.
The entry level models from each of them (NutriBullet 600 and Nutri Ninja BL456) are a bit cheaper but the small 24oz cup in both the models are more difficult to fit sufficient ingredients to make anything more than 12-16oz of smoothies. Plus there is a prominent drawback in Ninja BL 456 that users have to hold the cup all the time while blending.
Both the companies have a standard 1-year warranty though there is also a very affordable extended warranty available which is very popular among users. The extended warranty is particularly useful in case of Ninja Auto IQ as it has electronics which users may use a lot.